6 Oct 2015

Cora running shorts - lengthened

My second attempt on the Cora running shorts turned out to be wearable, although somewhere in the future.



I went with the same size as the first pair hoping that better quality fabrics and more suitable elastic would increase the fit of the shorts. Unfortunately they turned out too small (even thought the size was based on my hip measurements). But, as I am back in training, I hope they will fit me in a couple of months.





The changes I made:
-Lengthened them by 9cm
-Decreased the width of the thigh bands to 3cm
-Moved the back pocket to the front (more comfortable when riding a recumbent bicycle)


This time I also used a twin needle to baste/sew the elastic to the waistband facing and I really like the result.

All in all I am happy with how these shorts turned out and I will be wearing them in the future. I'll be sewing a larger pair of the Cora shorts soon! And will hopefully improve my sewing-elastic-to-the-seam-allowance skills.

Pattern: Jalie 3462 - Cora running tights & shorts
Fabric: lycra/ spandex

No comments:

Post a Comment