Pages

30 Sept 2017

Prinses Malinka / Princess Malinka

I finished x-stitching a blue pillowcase years ago, but I wasn't happy with the result. For some reason the design didn't work and the colours weren't bright enough. (I do blame the machine embroidery thread, although I have had some great results with it in the past.) So after finishing the cars-pillowcase, I started frogging the butterfly. 

In the mean time I started the search for a new pattern with a high success rate and came across an amazing design. At first, I put it aside being convinced it would be way too large for my small pillowcase, but I couldn't get it out of my head. When I asked my better half to go over a couple of designs with me, he also fell in love with this particular one. So I started digging the internet for the actual pattern. 

All pins (Pinterest) linked back to 2 sites: this one, where the actual size of the pattern is listed, and this one, with a link to the designers and their webshop: SA-stitch. (Warning: all sources are written in Cyrillic and Google Translate had a hard time translating.) Being unable to locate Princess Malinka in the webshop, I contacted the designers by email. It turned out that the Princess-series is not available for sale any more, but Svetlana Sichkar was so generous to send it to me by email. Thank you!
The pattern is well written (even when in Cyrillic) and easy to follow.


More info on the cars pillowcase can be found here.  

Patroon/ Pattern: Princess Malinka - SA-stitch (more patterns here)
Maat/ Size: 92x100 stitches
Garen/ Yarn: DMC
Kussensloop/ Pillowcase: V&D

No comments:

Post a Comment