Pages

19 Jun 2019

Musici / Musicians


While searching for inspiration for a personalised birthday/wedding gift, I came across the music-related cross stitch patterns from Climbing Goat Designs and instantly liked the style. Unfortunately, of the instruments I needed for the project to work, only the saxophonist was listed. So I contacted Clare, the designer behind the Climbing Goat Designs, and she was very helpful and offered to give a clarinet design a try. She did an amazing job! The musicians complement each other beautifully. 

The stitching was finished within 2 weeks. It was really fun to work on this piece. It has a great balance between the single colour silhouettes and the colour changes within the instruments.

This is also the first project I laced and framed myself, after several hours of watching Youtube videos and reading tutorials. It turned out great! I feel so proud every time I look at the piece that, due to circumstances, got to stay a little longer than expected.

Patroon/ Pattern:
Saxophonist & Clarinetist - Climbing Goat Designs
Maat/ Size: 96x81st & 103x87st
Stof/ Fabric: white aida (7,2st/cm; 18ct)
Garen/ Threads: DMC (2 threads)
Lijst/ Frame: 20x30cm

No comments:

Post a Comment