Pages

24 May 2015

Streepjes! / Stripes!


It is a very comfy top and easy to make. As I wanted the stripes to match, I spend a lot of time pinning the slightly slippery jersey. It was certainly worth the effort as it turned out that I nailed it! Needless to say that I am very happy with this top.

 


Pattern: Dolman Sleeve Top - Cation Designs
Fabric: jersey

Changes:
- 3/4 sleeves - added 15cm as indicated in the pattern
- Added 1cm seam-allowance all around, except for the sleeves & neckline (2cm) and the bottom (0,5cm), even though 0,6cm seam-allowance is included in the pattern. Only used 0,6cm for the seam, so the top turned out a little bigger than it would if I had followed the original pattern.
Bands:
- Waistband: 92x21cm including seam allowance
- Neckline: 59x5cm including seam allowance - a little too wide (stands up a little)
- Sleeves: 26x13cm including seam allowance - turned out too wide, so cut off the bands and re-attached smaller ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment