Pages

8 Jan 2020

Hooded Studio to Street Crop Top

After finishing the muslin I changed a few things before cutting into the fabric for the 'official' top:
-Based on my overbust measurements I needed a size S top, as I did for the muslin. As I thought that turned out too big, I decided to go with my full bust measurements this time and size down to a XS.
-Than I added 3cm to the length of the top and the sleeves as I have a long torso.
-As I prefer my sleeves not to be tight, I widened the armholes to be a similar to a size S by adding 1cm to the bottom of the sleeve insert (?).
-And for the same reason I also graded the sleeves from a size S at the top to a size M at the bottom.

I also decided to use the hood add-on this time (and I love it!). I did make some changes, however:
-Added lining
-Removed the 'fold-over fabric' from the pattern, as the cording could run between the outer fabric and lining.
To make the cording, I used a strip of lining fabric.

Love how this top turned out! Both the fit and the fabrics. This pattern is so much fun and the top is extremely comfy. The lining made the hood a little heavy, but that doesn't bother me.

Patroon/ Pattern: Studio to Street Top - Greenstyle Creations + hood add-on
Maat/ Size: XS/S (M)
Stof/ Fabric: sweatshirt fabric (light- medium weight) and tricot

No comments:

Post a Comment