Pages

23 Jan 2020

Sundance Jacket

In search of a pattern for a comfortable jacket I came across Sundance Jacket by Greenstyle Creations and loved the look. To give it a try I used some leftover fabric from the 'Kuschelkleid' by AnniNanni

The pattern has several options and I decided to go with:
-plain back
-stand-up collar
-long sleeves without cuffs
-in-seam pockets

Some changes/adjustments that were made:
-According to the size chart I would have to grade from size XS - M - S, but I decided to go with a full size S instead (I like my garments to have a looser fit at the top/ near the armpits). 
-There might be a purpose for the centre back seam, but I decided to eliminate it.
-no zippers in the pockets

The zipper I had on hand turned out to be a little too short (60cm, should have bought 65cm), so I decided to eliminate the zipper lining to be able to adjust the zipper placement somewhat. Otherwise construction was as per instructions, which were easy to follow.


Some issues I'll have to keep in mind/ fix next time:
-Enough room around bust/arm scye area and hip, but the waist is a little tight --> should have graded as indicated by the size chart
-Tight lower sleeve --> widen towards wrist
-Use, and maybe shorten, a 65cm zipper
-The hem on back stands out a little --> hem facing too long? , fabric stretched?
-Tape in shoulder seams to prevent stretching of the seam
-Add pocket zippers
-In case of fully lined jacket: size up 1 or 2 sizes

All in all it is a fun pattern to sew and the jacket looks amazing. The next one will be in a bright red sweatshirt fabric and fully lined with red cotton lycra.

Patroon/ Pattern: Sundance Jacket - Greenstyle Creations
Maat/ Size: S
Stof/ Fabric: Sweatshirt fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment