Pages

29 Jan 2020

Jalie Clara

For some reason I like to colour match sports bras and shorts/leggings. the fabrics don't have to be the same as long as the colours are similar enough or complement each other.
Recently I bought a sports bra with bright coloured trimmings, but didn't have any pole shorts to match. But: I love Jalie's Clara pattern and I did have some black spandex with a bright coloured print (a coupon I added to another order to check out the fabric) Lucky me! 

This time I decided to go with a size V, instead of the usual size U graded to size V legs, just to add some variation to my tights collection. Also, I decided to experiment with using an elastic foot on the serger while adding the waist elastic. Therefore I switched from 1cm wide elastic to 6mm wide to fit into the serger seam. I won't do that again. I didn't like the feel of the smaller elastic while wearing the shorts and they didn't stay up as nicely. So, I took the waistband apart, removed the thin elastic, re-serged the waistbands together, added the wider elastic the 'normal' way using the sewing machine and re-attached the waistband to the shorts. Now they feel very comfortable! 

Patroon/ Pattern: Clara - Jalie 3887
Maat/ Size: V
Stof/ Fabric: lycra / spandex (glitterstof.nl)

No comments:

Post a Comment