Pages

22 Aug 2018

Jalie 3241 - X-back leotard

Hopefully the X-back leotard works as an alternative for a crop top during pole fitness class. I expect there may be some difficulties with more advanced techniques, but we'll see.

OK, so according to the measurement chart I measure a S bust, U waist and hips, and a Y girth. Therefore I decided to trace a size U, grade back to size T around the bust and back to an U under the armpit, and add 2x 4 1/2cm to the length. It turned out that adding 9cm to the girth was too much, I could have gotten away with adding only 2cm to the waist area.
 
The leotard being too long might be part of the reason why the straps don't lie flat on back, in addition to the elastic not being wide enough (6mm instead of 10mm). After cutting the neckline elastic I discovered there wasn't enough left for the armholes and the leg openings. Unfortunately this specific type of elastic was sold out, so I settled on another type only to discover that it wasn't as wide as they said it was. :-( Still I wanted to finish the leotard, as curious about the fit as I was, so I did use the new elastic anyway. For the leg openings it isn't too bad, but the straps don't look as they should. Another reason could be that I added length to the straps in the wrong spot, although I added the length perpendicular to the grain line. 

I AM happy with the front: The yoke ends exactly where I wanted it to end and gives good coverage.



Pattern: Jalie 3241 - X-back gymnastics leotard & biketard 
Size: U
Fabric: stretch velours

Adjustments:
- +4 1/2cm to the length
- bust down graded to size T

No comments:

Post a Comment